Good Chemistry was founded in the spirit of “Making Life Better” for those in need. We have a long history of helping medical marijuana patients, and understand that in this extraordinary time many of you may be interested in learning if you qualify for a medical card. We have created a guide to help you through the process, which is now available through Telehealth services.
- In order to apply for a medical marijuana patient certification, a person must:
- Have a qualifying medical condition (see list below)
- Must have primary residence in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Have one of the following:
- Valid Massachusetts Drivers License
- Massachusetts State Issued Identification Card
- Valid United States Passport
- Must be 18 years of age or older to obtain independently. Potential patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- In order to participate in Telehealth services with certified medical marijuana health care providers, potential patients must have the following:
- Access to high speed internet
- A device that has a camera and microphone
- A dial-in space where you have privacy to speak to the physician
- To schedule a telehealth OR in person appointment with CannaCare:
- Please call CannaCare: (774) 420-7770
- Visit their website: https://cannacaredocs.com/massachusetts/
- To schedule a telehealth OR in person appointment with MedWell
- Please call MedWell: (774) 517-5195 OR
- Visit MedWells website to request your Telemedicine MMJ certification appointment: https://www.medwellhealth.net/mass-telemedicine-request
- In person appointments are still available, but telehealth services are recommended at this time.
- To Schedule a telehealth OR in person appointment with InhaleMD (Boston Area Residents):
- Please call InhaleMD: (617) 477-8886
- Visit their website: https://inhalemd.com/
For more information and a full list of Massachusetts certified medical marijuana health care providers please visit: https://www.compassionforpatients.com/patients
After you have been approved as a medical marijuana patient:
- You will be issued an INSTANT ACCESS ID sheet, along with a registration packet to complete your registration.
- Your Instant Access ID is good for 2 weeks and will allow you to purchase up to 2.5 oz of cannabis or the equivalent of cannabis products.
- In order to receive your Medical Marijuana ID Card, paperwork does need to be filed with the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission and can be done online (preferred method) or by mail in order to be fully approved. This will grant you full access to your 60 day supply 10 oz limit.
- It can take 2-4 weeks to be received and processed by the Cannabis Control Commission. Your certified medical marijuana provider should provide you with step by step directions to complete this task.
- Please note the State no longer charges the $50 registration fee.
- Your medical marijuana card will be valid for 1 year. The printed date on your MMJ Certification Card is the date in which you need to re-apply for a new physical card from the state, however, annual recertification from your Doctor is required and will be validated by the Dispensary upon each visit. Dispensaries abide by both the recertification date your Doctor has submitted to the State’s MMJ Database, and the printed date on your card.
A list of qualifying medical conditions per Chapter 369 of the Acts of 2012, An Act for the Humanitarian Medical Use of Marijuana
“A debilitating medical condition includes “cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis (when such diseases are debilitating), and other debilitating conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient’s certifying physician.”
All first time Good Chemistry patients receive 20% off their first order. Click here to learn more.